Sunday, September 14, 2008

 

Samsung LCD TV Fun part 2

This is a follow up to my previous entry.

My DVI to HDMI and audio cables finally came.

Specifically I bought:

1 x Link Depot 15 feet DVI to HDMI cable
1 x 3 feet mini audio 3.5 mm split to two RCA audio plugs
2 x RCA couplers
1 x 12 feet audio RCA plugs

I looked all over and could not find a 15 feet mini audio 3.5 mm split to two RCA audio plugs so I had to piece it together. The closest I could find is 12 feet. Obviously I went with this setup to match the 15 feet video cable. I could not find a 12 feet DVI to HDMI cable.

These cables worked great for my MacBook Pro and my Samsung LCD TV. So looks like when using the HDMI input, the LCD panel does support millions of colors.

I was actually afraid the video cable might not work because some of the comments I found were not positive. They ranged from not working at all to missing colors, lines, sections, or stuff.

So yeah both the audio and video cables work great.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?