Friday, September 05, 2008

 

Samsung LCD TV and Auto Wall Mount Fun!

Samsung LNT4081F finally arrived Wednesday!











A look inside... some broken styrofoam.
As long as TV is not broken.










Testing it out first, scanning channels, looks good so far











Sorry no pictures of installing the Samsung Auto Wall Mount.
But here's one applying the finishing touches on TV and mount.

Installing the wall mount was fun and exciting but also difficult.
The difficulty was with figuring out the best location. My studs weren't in good locations for an ideal location so I had to settle.

In the end everything turned out great. I love adjusting the wall mount with the TV remote.







I think I found an annoyance with the PC input, or the VGA input.

The LCD TV can't be used as a secondary external display when I connect my MacBook Pro to it. I connect using the DVI to VGA connector and a VGA extension cord.
The odd thing is if I tell my MacBook Pro to use the LCD TV as a mirrored display then it works.

I next tried connecting a PC laptop using a VGA cable and discovered the color depth of the LCD TV is only 16 bit which means 65,536 colors. I may be wrong about this though because my PC laptop which uses Intel integrated graphics only supports a color depth of either 16 or 32 bit. Too bad it doesn't have 24 bit which would match the "millions" of colors Samsung states that this LCD TV supports.

I am going to try connecting my MacBook Pro via the HDMI input next, once the cable arrives in the mail, and confirm if the LCD TV color depth really is 16 bit.

Comments:
The mounts which are displayed here in the pics are good and also with good design like this only even I have found a company which is having LCD brackets according to TV/system model no and also he is having a great quality products. You Can get still more information about LCD Brackets which I browsed on internet can fetch you help Another piece of advice would be to mount the bracket to a solid wall.

Tv brackets can be fitted to make efficient use of space in any room
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?