Saturday, December 10, 2005

 

Nintendo

I'm a Nintendo hard core nut. I don't quite remember my first day of knowing about Nintendo. But I do remember the old Game & Watch series and boy those were so fun and addictive. I remember wishing to collect them all. I remember playing Donkey Kong, Popeye, Mario Brothers, Super Mario Brothers and maybe others I've forgotten. But for Super Mario Brothers, I remember that came out way after the Nintendo Entertainment System. I just thought it was so amazing that despite Nintendo entering the home console business, they were still continuing with their Game & Watch series. There were also two things about this unit. One it was wide screen (and also a bit thinner than the older ones). Second the LCD (and also the entire unit) was transparent. This was a neat attraction in that I saw it as a dynamic background everytime I play the unit. I don't know if I remember this correctly, but I kind of remember my first Nintendo product came with a special note thanking me for buying their product and asking me enjoy the product but also be aware of the fragile yet advanced LCD and inside components which delivers that fun and entertainment. I think reading this as a kid I was quite thankful for the note and also quite sold. And became a Nintendo hard core nut.
I know Nintendo has its fair share of failures. But like any good company and good person, gamers will remember the good stuff. Sure I don't know anything about the Virtual Boy or that the Power Glove was maybe too advanced for its time but the Game & Watch series, the NES, and Game Boy's were the good stuff. Looking at history, I know Nintendo will keep delivering the good stuff and I can't wait to be entertained.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?