Thursday, October 13, 2005

 

Product Review: Logitech V200 Cordless Notebook Mouse

Been eyeing this mouse for a few months now. I like it because of the claim of up to 1 year battery life. I know this is a company claim and as always company claims are like up in the air kind of thing.

But I have confidence in Logitech. Having bought and received several Logitech products before, I can say they are neck and neck with Apple in terms of presentation, great out-of-the-box experience, easy quick-startup guides with big clear pictures and generally simple instructions that don't eat up multiple paragraphs. Also want to add very clear and effective software that matches up with the quick-startup guide.

Finally back to the mouse itself...

I like it! Works great! It's a buy!

I'll list out things I like:

1) Optical sensor is a new type that works even on clear surfaces.
The sensor isn't the usual bright red light thing, in fact no light even comes out, maybe there is but it's not visible. There is however this small green LED light but I don't think it turns on when the mouse is actually being used.

2) Needs 2 AA but can be operated with only 1

3) Of course haven't proved the up to 1 year battery life claim, but I believe it. However to be realistic, I think it'll last minimum 8 to 9 months and maximum 10 to 11 months.

4) Horizontal scroll is neat! Also like the universal scroll feature, neat for scrolling really big pages for scrolling up, down, left and right.

5) Like the comfortable universal design so that the mouse can be used left or right handed.

6) Small USB receiver

7) On another note, but related for me, my wife approved of purchase. hehe :D


Unfortunately there are some stuff I don't like:

1) Logitech was quite smart with their advertising on the small USB receiver connected with the mouse. I thought it can hide inside the mouse, in actuality it attaches to the back of the mouse, so it's not flush with the mouse and also there's most likely chance of it being clipped off if not handled carefully during transportation.

2) Would have been nice if the receiver had additional functionality, like flash storage.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?